Friday, July 23, 2010

Hysterical people ...

The other night we were at a Whitecaps game ... why? Well, Mr. Jones is a volunteer with the Technical Team at Calvary. So as a thank-you gift for the team, they were treated to a come-early all-you-can-eat barbeque and then a game ~ Wednesday night. I'm not a Whitecaps fan or anything ... mostly because I don't follow the Farm teams at all ... it really has nothing to do with the fact that the West Michigan Whitecaps WERE 7 and 17 on the season BEFORE Wednesday's game.

Actually, Fifth Third ballpark is a fun place to visit. After each team's up-to-bat has finished, there are entertaining activities going on for fans to watch, and they have a great MC who keeps the crowd pumped, etc.

But the favorite part about Wednesday night ~ at least for ME ~ was watching the rascal who was sitting two rows beneath us. I never did catch his name or anything. I think he must have been about four years old. He reminded me a LOT of our Nathan ... or Christopher ... or Jackson ... or Matthew ... because he was just SO FULL of it!

Midway through the game, his mom purchased one of these foam rubber fingers for the little lad and he was completely into it. He used it as a GATE to block people coming and going up and down the stairs to the concession stands. It wasn't exactly the little kid that was so funny to watch. It was the people's response to him that was absolutely ... hysterical. Such annoyed faces! So peeved! So impatient! His mother was too busy with his newborn baby sibling to even notice the havoc he was sowing. He would hold that foam rubber finger steady and as far across the aisle as possible. Some people would walk right into it, all angry for the inconvenience! Other people would go WAY around it, hoping their exaggerated steps would humble the little fellow(?) I'm not sure how long he played this little game, but it struck me so funny ... I couldn't stop laughing! I thought I was going to split! There was one gentleman who actually waited with a gentle smile until the boy s-l-o-w-l-y lifted the finger like a gate at a train crossing! I didn't take any pictures of the people's faces ... I was a little worried I'd get more than a dirty look in the process.

The West Michigan Whitecaps are NOW 7 and 18 for the season ... definitely LAST place. That's OK. We had a fun night anyway!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so funny! if you can't laugh or find joy in the antics of a child, lighten up, right? i love watching kids around us every where we go.

Mom Jones said...

Lighten up ... exactly! Life is way too short! :) Looking forward to seeing you next weekend, Shelley!

judy hand said...

Yup, I see our grandchildren in other
children all over the place, walking,
shopping, etc. And I can pretty
well guess their ages by their
actions. Keeps me connected in my
own way.