Tuesday, July 6, 2010

saying ... farewell

Our good friends, Tom and Judy, are leaving town tomorrow and moving to ... Arizona! They've talked about and planned on doing this for years, and now the time has come for them to ... go!
Tom and Judy have been part of the Jones family for a very long time. They knew Nia Jones when she was alive, and after she died, they oftentimes came over and cared for Sabrina, Nicolas and Adam (when they were young). After Mr. Jones and I married in 1997, I got better acquainted with them and we've enjoyed lots and lots of fun times together. When we went to Hawaii in 1997, they were one of the couples we traveled with!
Tom and Judy are now both officially retired. Judy is a master gardener, and she is also an avid bird watcher ... she does lots of other things too ... but these are two of her special loves. Judy is setting up a blog so that we can follow her experiences living in the desert, and eventually, I will add her blog to the links on my sidebar ... except I forget what her blog address is, and cannot remember it for anything!
I've learned a little bit about growing flowers from listening to Judy's advice! Some day I hope to be as good at it as she is.
We are going to miss Tom and Judy ... very much! It's difficult to see them go. We decided NOT to say good-by but only that we would perhaps see them next year in Arizona ... if I can talk Mr. Jones into the six-hour drive westward from El Paso, that is!

No comments: