Sunday, April 27, 2014

Brendan still surprises me ...

I got to spend a whole lot of time with Brendan on Friday. His mama had been up the entire night assisting a woman in delivery and wondered if I could entertain our little fellow while she caught a few hours of sleep. Yes! I could certainly do that.
I had a bunch of errands to run, but Brendan was very pleased to run them with me. We took Dylan to work downtown first and then headed over to Meijer's to do some grocery shopping. We listened to some pretty music on the way. I have an old CD of children's music from Meijer Gardens. Brendan's favorite selection is, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" which switches over to the ABC's and then back. 
Grandma! Can't we even go grocery
shopping without you bringing your
CAMERA???!!! Yikes.
 Brendan clapped his hands as we drove into the complex where I live. He knows the way to my house and he loves to play here with me! I'm so glad that he does! 
 We always get a lot of play time out of the cars and tracks. Brendan's favorite cars are the ones whose little doors open and close.

Grandma! Put your camera DOWN!
We ate an early lunch of apples, bananas, cucumbers, cinnamon toast and crackers, and then … we headed over to Celebration Cinema (at Woodland) to see "Frozen." I have wanted to see it for a very long time but waited until it came to the "cheapie" theatre. Brendan had already seen it and since he enjoyed it hugely, Kelly was able to purchase the DVD for him as well. I told Brendan as I was fastening his seat belts that we were on our way to see, "Let it Go!," and he clapped his hands with JOY. 
Little Fellow really enjoys his popcorn ...
 Brendan knew every single song! And he enthusiastically (and loudly) joined in on every one … I don't know WHY I was surprised but I really could hardly contain myself when I heard his voice, perfectly on pitch, sing every song effortlessly. He just opened his mouth, and out it came … 


I will always cherish and will never forget being with Brendan today ...


No comments: