Monday, April 21, 2014

Jes and Di's housewarming ...

Saturday was the "surprise" housewarming party for Diana … put on by Jesse for Diana … and it was indeed a surprise! This is the card I made for them for this special occasion . . . the photos were stolen from Jesse's FB page.

The front of the card:
The inside: 
The back:
Houses are very important … because it is where we make our home and welcome our friends and family. God says He wants our homes to be built on HIM … His ways, His Word, His Person … the only solid, firm foundation there is! So this is my prayer for this little family. 
I've been getting to know Kaity a little bit better. This is what I am finding out about her: she is a very playful little person, she loves to laugh, she has a good sense of humor and is good natured, she loves to cuddle. Oh, and she likes it very much if I use "funny" voices when I speak to her! She has an infectious giggle! She is very affectionate. She is smart, and is a tough little cookie! Notice her shirt that says: "Grandma's Little Princess" but I think this is intended for Grandma Hand, who has spent a great deal more time with Kaity than I have!

I didn't actually take many pictures of the party because I was quite occupied exploring the woods with the kiddos … I have some pictures of the gnarly trees somewhere on this computer but can't find them presently!

The grandchildren have met a friend who lives next-door to them, a boy about Matthew's age. All of the kids have been having a lot of fun chumming around together. This picture of Emma is near the end of the housewarming when I was getting ready to leave. I asked her to climb up into one of the trees on their side yard. She was very tired by this time because of all the running around she'd done … but it shows her happy face and I like it!

No comments: