Friday, April 18, 2014

Yesterday afternoon ...

Thursday afternoon I drove over to the East Grand Rapids library to study computer programs via tutorials, books, and the internet. My Mac isn't entirely compatible with the programs I'm trying to learn, so I have been going over to the library and using their PCs. For a change of scenery from the Plainfield branch, I ventured over to the library at East and spent three hours trying to learn more about Word and Excel, without much progress I must say. I learn by DOING usually, and need a lot of repetition in order to remember. I decided since I was near such a pretty place, I would break up my study time with a walk ...
Our weather is flirting with spring, with actual sunshine and warmer temps … a beautiful day to just get outdoors and enjoy ...
This is Reed's Lake ~ it has lots of nice trails and interesting boardwalks, bogs, swamps, etc. 
None of these photos are stellar in any way … but they do chronicle my short hike rather nicely. 
Everything is still quite colorless … not a great deal of green yet, but at least the snow is pretty much melted and I'm hoping it stays that way because snow in April is NOT what snow in December is! 


 I saw a bunch of beautiful birds that wouldn't let me near them with my camera, but this goose wasn't at all bothered by me, and this lovely swan got close enough for me to enjoy for quite awhile too.



I'll come back here in a few weeks and photograph little blossoms and beautiful green foliage ...

No comments: