Monday, April 21, 2014

The little joys of life ...

We were all invited over to Dylan and Kelly's house to share a meal and celebrate Easter together. I picked Nana up at about 3:00 and went on over. Brendan was napping when we arrived, but woke up soon after. We enjoyed a yummy roast beef that Kelly baked to perfection, along with seasoned vegetables and potatoes. I brought a colorful tossed salad and my orange jello … oh, and banana bread. Nana supplied the carrot cake (which we were too full to eat!).
After dinner, Brendan begged to go outside ~ so we did exactly that! 
Plaster Creek is just a short walk from their house, so we decided to see what we could see down at the creek.
It turns out that Brendan really really LOVES throwing little rocks and leaves into the creek ... 
Plaster Creek
 … so we threw a LOT of small stones and leaves into the water and watched them float (or sink).
Brendan was very pleased to make BIG splashes and would clap his chubby hands in delight! 
We repeated this process for a very long time … but honestly, I cannot describe to you the peacefulness  in my heart as we enjoyed a beautiful afternoon together.
Dylan and Brendan interacting with the creek …
and each other!
I love spending time with these dear gentle folk … there is something about their quiet spirits that I find so comforting and refreshing.
It looks like Brendan was ready to jump IN the creek … but he didn't! He was just watching stuff float by. He's a very inquisitive toddler. I love every inch of him.

No comments: