Sunday, April 13, 2014

Straight line winds!!!

Last night a rather freak storm rolled on through my neighborhood, and look at the damage it produced!
There were reports of 80 mph winds, preceded by hail and a LOT of rain. I wasn't home at the time. I had been at Matthew's party and then I had errands to run. But when I pulled into my neighborhood, this is the sight I saw … this is my very street!
 The sweet lady who lives in the house (above) is elderly and has cared for her very sick husband for years, all the while she has battled four different kinds of cancers. 
This house is at the end of my street ...


But my little beach house … was safe and sound … completely untouched by any trees, branches, debris, etc. We do not have power and they are saying we will not have power until sometime Tuesday.  It could be worse!

No comments: