Monday, April 28, 2014

Brendan today at the Beach House ...

The nicest thing that ever has happened to me in my life is having grandchildren. I can't explain it exactly. It's just that … it was meant to be! There is less stress to being a grandma than being a mom … for all of the obvious reasons. I can just experience the pure joy of being with children without … raising them! Kelly asked if I could spend a little time with Brendan today while she met with some clients and ran some errands. Y-E-S !!!
 Brendan loves to play outside. It's been a real cold spring in Michigan … but cold does NOT bother Brendan! We played for quite a while on my little front porch today ...
Brendan has the sweetest little face!
 Before long, Brendan was using my deck chairs as … a slide! Well, why not?!!

 I love his exuberance! He had such a good time!




It never really warmed up enough for us to actually take a walk or do any outside exploration … and the WIND was blowing up a storm today! But … none of that bothered our little fellow one single bit. 
 Brendan enjoyed building with all kinds of weird objects on his little handyman cart today ...

 And then he also checked out the little lighthouse that I use in my bathroom … just for decoration, and because it was a gift, and … because I love lighthouses!

 The hours raced on by ...
This is Brendan enjoying a little candle I lit for him … and then he blew it out … and then I re-lit it, and then he blew it out again … repeat … repeat … repeat ...

No comments: