Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Getting acquainted with Kaity-Girl

Yesterday I had an opportunity to spend a very rare 1-on-1 with Kaity Jane. She doesn't know me very well at all, and it's not her fault. But it's time to rectify that situation now, isn't it?
 I will say that Kaity was less than enthused about spending time with me … poor little sweetheart. I had driven over to their house because the movers had arrived with their furniture and belongings. Kaity wasn't exactly helpful to the moving in process, so it was thought that perhaps if she had a playmate (me) and we stayed in her bedroom, the move might go a little more smoothly.
Kaity's bear that I thought MIGHT help
us bond … nope, Kaity wanted OUT!
 Thankfully, after about 15 pretty rough minutes, she settled down and allowed me to hold her and rock her to sleep. She had a good nap and woke up in much better spirits; but by then, the moving folk had finished their job and we were allowed "out" of her bedroom where we found … daddy and mama, and all was well.

Hopefully as I spend more time with Kaity, she will get used to me. She is a little sweetheart and I love her very much.

No comments: