Friday, May 6, 2016

A Kaity AND Brendan Monday!

Monday was one of those perfectly PERFECT beautiful days. I was so thankful it was an outside day! 
 I picked Kaity-girl up at 1:30, we played at my house for just a little bit and then I asked, "Hey, Kaity. Shall we go to the park? And how about the one with the pretty creek running through it?!" With shrieks of joy, Kaity put her shoes on and we were on our way to Townsend Park.
 Just so that you know ... I have visited this beautiful place now for over 45 years--yes! It was a favorite spot even while I was at college all those years ago. 
 We have had a lot of rain the last week or so, and our creek was rather swollen. I like it like that! Kaity was really excited about "the waterfall." She was a little timid at first, but that never lasts long with fearless Kaity. I really have to keep an eye on her!

 She runs as fast as the wind! If you turn your head too long ... she is gone ... laughing all the way!
 We played at the small playground for quite awhile. Kaity explored every inch and corner, slide and ladder of this place.
 But we were always drawn back to the creek. It has such a pretty sound in the spring when everything is coming back to life!
 We played a little game here. We would gather some pine cones, throw them in on one side of the bridge, and then run to the other side to see them float off and away ...

 Kaity was so excited about this. I can't tell you how long we had this little adventure. Trust me, anything that lasts longer than 10 minutes with this little imp, is a GOOD thing.
 Laity-Girl, you are something else!

 I had to be careful by the edges of the creek. All of the moisture we've had this week was quite evident. I didn't want Kaity to get her pretty pink shoes muddy.

 Dear Brendan did not join us until later in the afternoon over at my house. I do not have two car seats. Thankfully, he was dropped off by Miss Emily and then Dylan and Kelly picked him up from me.
 These two decided Playdoh would be a fun thing to do ... so that is what we did. I'm glad I have so many nice toys for the kiddos to play with.



Brendan requested that I make his special pasta, so while I was cooking, Kaity and he played. They really do quite well together and seem to enjoy seeing each other ... such a happy cousin thing!


No comments: