Tuesday, September 12, 2023

September 11 Chaos! Whew!

Monday:  It's too long of a story to give details--but--I was asked to help out with the kiddos this evening due to a meeting Dylan and Kelly had to attend. SO, I brought over some pizza and a little bit of fruit for dinner and then played with the kids while Dylan and Kelly were in their meeting. I did NOT bring my camera, so these pictures are from my phone.

I'm not sure exactly WHY--but these guys LOVE to rough-house with me ... and they are VERY strong! Little Cal loves nothing better than to get into a rough 'n tumble with me. I usually end up on the ground being sat on or stepped on or my hair pulled or pushed over--but I am usually laughing too hard to put a stop to it! I am NOT a little kid any more! Good grief. 


Tonight's roughness actually began with Aidan getting into Brendan's "space" under their giant bean bag. Brendan just needed a little bit of peace and quiet; but both Aidan and Cal were NOT having any of that! They kept invading the bean bag. Now Brendan is not a very loud complainer and he almost always plays along with his siblings--which he was doing, to an extent. But I thought I would just try to remove Cal and Aidan for awhile and give Brendan a little break ...
I had no idea how difficult it would be to remove Aidan from anything! He is as strong as a small OX. And Cal is as tough as they get! Everyone was laughing--so it wasn't like we were angry at each other or anything--but this whole thing devolved (is that a word?) into me getting beat up by two little boys! (Brendan was not an accomplice).

Erin joined in now and then, too--and she is a pretty tough little cookie! She also did some drawings that I just love--so I snapped a few pictures for posterity.
Erin asked me how to spell "monster" so I did and she carefully penned each letter. Do you see it? I love her little monsters.
Erin just started Kindergarten a few weeks ago. She is in the Chinese immersion class and even sang "Happy Birthday" in Chinese to me! 
I love these kiddos! It's no wonder I have a sore back 90% of the time! I'm not at all young anymore. !!
 

No comments: