Thursday, September 7, 2023

September 6 Me and Cal

Wednesday:  This is our first Wednesday together, me and Cal. We switched our Tuesdays to Wednesdays because it worked best with Nanny Jen to do so--and it was just fine with me too.

I got to pick our little dinosaur up from his first day of preschool! Look at his little face. He was so pleased to have finally gone to school.


This particular backpack has belonged to each of his siblings and has been well loved. Who else has a backpack with a triceratops horn on it?!? I ask you! Look at those kissable cheeks. He kills me.

We drove over to my house (using the scenic route, which takes longer and assures a good nap for this little guy) and arrived at about 12:45. Cal continued to sleep another 30 minutes, all snuggled up in his car seat. I ate my lunch, keeping a close eye on him. Temperatures had dropped 12 degrees, to the comfortable upper 70's, so I wasn't concerned about the car overheating or anything. I finally woke him up and brought him inside to show him the train "layout" of the day. 



Cal plays really well at my house. With the bigger kiddos all in school all day long, he has no one to compete with. He talks quieter and is much less agitated. I have almost zero stress entertaining him. We zoomed about 100 cars on our race track when we weren't playing trains. We read several cute books too.
We returned to Cal's house in time to see the kids off their bus. I intended to take a picture of them getting off their bus, but this little cutie was having so much fun in my car (pretending it was his motorcycle) that once the bus arrived, I forget to haul out my camera. Anyway ... look at Cal's expression.

You kill me, Cal. 

I do have ONE picture of little Erin to show you. I snapped it on my phone. I love her peacock dress. She is such a girlie little girl.

My entire body is aching today--why? Little Cal is such a rough-houser! He loves to wrestle with me, and I love to hear his laughter as we play like this. I've got to remember my AGE and use a little restraint from now on. Ouch. 

No pictures today of either Aidan or Brendan. Aidan was pretty intently playing a video game after school, and Brendan didn't return home until after his cross-country practice. I've got to be more intentional about taking pictures of these boys or weeks will go by, they will grow bigger and bigger all year, and I will have no photos of them! 

No comments: