Tuesday, September 5, 2023

September 2 The Mighty Mac

Saturday Afternoon:  We drove from Sault Ste. Marie down to Mackinac City to eat lunch--even though it meant NOT eating until nearly 2:00 in the afternoon. We ate at a super nice restaurant (with a view)--the same place Emma and I ate a few years ago when we were up here! It's called The Hook Lakeside Grill. The food is wonderful. The view is ... perfect! Whew. FINALLY! A marina! BOATS! Can you believe that I forgot to take any pictures of the restaurant OR the view? So I had to kind of steal these two off the internet.


As we were leaving the restaurant, I had only one request: I wanted to get a "few" good pictures of The Mighty Mac. SO we just drove on down the road to this gorgeous place, parked the car and enjoyed!


There were a few people down here by the rocks that I had to "remove" from my photos--but if you didn't KNOW there were people sitting on those rocks, you wouldn't KNOW they had been erased!

See the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island? 
I love this bridge!

Right next door to the bridge is Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse. I've been there more than once--most recently with Emma in 2018 (we climbed the tower then). I have a lot of pictures of this little lighthouse, but these ones are nice too.


I love this of Terry and David ...




SO ... yes, I took about 40 pictures on this side of the bridge--but the OTHER side of the bridge MUST be photographed too! Yes, yes, yes.

When I was here with Emma, we drove down a road that led to a little place to park our car and then we were able to walk along the shore and snap pictures of the bridge. It was difficult for me to find that exact place again (duh!). We passed by these pretty flowers while looking for the right road and David asked me to snap a picture so he could show Carol to see if perhaps they could grow them down in Florida.

After quite a few "dud" streets that led us nowhere, we finally found the right one! YAY. This is the exact place where Emma and I were in 2018. Just as beautiful as ever.











You might question WHY on earth I have so many shots that are exactly the same ... but actually, each shot is a little bit different! There are just subtle differences, but I just couldn't decide which one was my favorite. I have lots and lots others that I did NOT post ... so I have restrained myself ...

No comments: