Saturday, September 23, 2023

September 20 With Cal (mostly)

Wednesday:  As I walked over to the playground at Gymco, little Cal saw me and yelled out, "Gwamma!" and came running to the gate. I love to be greeted this way--it's so ... welcoming!

Cal is always super serious on our walk to my car from the playground. I ask him how "school" was and he'll look up at me with a very sober face and respond, "Good, gwamma. I played and played!" Well, I don't suppose you can't beat that!

I took the scenic route on the way back to my house, lots of back roads, playing beautiful music (Cal loves all the music I play and I even hear him humming to it). He was very busy today "reading" the books in the little bin I keep in the back seat. He was pretty happy reading "The Wheels on the Bus" about 10x before his eyelids began to get droopy and ... finally his little head bowed and he was soundly asleep. I'm always relieved when this happens because it means he will sleep about 45 minutes (30 of it out in my driveway) and is always pleasant and refreshed when he wakes up. I keep a close watch on him out in the car--listening and watching for him to wake up.

Cal always has a lot of fun with the toys at my house--especially the cars and trains. He's also super interested in playing puppets--all of which I LOVE. Rocky and Sweetie Pie got a tiny bit out of hand today, but that's alright--we were just pretending (they were "eating" everything in sight).

This little chubby face ... I could kiss it forever--however, Cal is not overly "kissy". He does appreciate 1 or 2 cheek kisses, but then he's gone in a flash.
Cal also enjoys sliced cheese. I have small cookie cutters (Pampered Chef) and Cal uses them to make cheese designs ...


Cal has also really been into my stuffs lately. He favors ferocious animals, so my two little lions are some of his favorites. I invaded his (pretend) napping area with all of my pigs today, which he protested at first, but then decided he was fine with it.

But Cal always comes back to the cars and trains ... mostly crashing them, but ... who doesn't like a major train wreck every now and then?



I really enjoy this 1-on-1 with Cal ... with any of the grandchildren actually! It's so much easier to focus on ONE than on FOUR. I'm finding that, when not in competition with his siblings, Cal plays rather quietly and independently. He's really a delightful little child and I am so thankful for this time with him.


No comments: