Thursday, September 28, 2023

September 27 Cal is surprised

Wednesday:  I was greeted at pre-school this morning with a jumping-up-and-down little person calling out my name: "Gamma! Gamma!" What a nice way to greet me, dear!

Little Cal sure was surprised with all of the changes at my little house this week. He's such a dear little one and I was unsure how he would react ... but he was a trooper, and took to the whole thing very happily.

The lighthouse quilts didn't come until later in the day, so Cal hasn't seen those yet--but he really enjoyed playing in the spare room. We got out a few toys at a time and had so much fun. Cal really liked how soft the rug is. I told him it was supposed to remind us of water--at which he looked rather skeptical (!!).

Cal also liked the new window seats in my "dining room". I got out his favorite cars and lined the window sill with those ...

Cal invited Babies Bonnie and Jesus to lunch again today. He was super pleased that they had new baby bottles, especially the orange juice ones.
Cal played quite a bit with the train layout today. He makes cute sound effects (just like Brendan used to do) with the trains "chugging" ... he crashes trains a LOT more than Brendan ever did--but every child is different! Cal is actually delighted in huge train wrecks.
But he can play seriously and orderly too when he chooses. I love to watch him play.

This little face! Look at those kissable cheeks. So thankful Cal still enjoys a good cuddle. He's so soft and warm.

We also played with a few of my dinosaur magnets today. Cal decided we should fly the Pterodactyl and Pteranodon all over the house. "Come on, Gamma! You take the Pteranodon and I'll take the Gar-a-gac-til!" Okay, Cal. Anything you want ... and we DID! I had a tiny bit of trouble getting Cal to leave my house today ... he said it was NOT time yet and insisted that we stay. I finally hefted him into my arms and out we went!


No comments: