Friday, February 16, 2024

February 14 I am LOVED

Wednesday:  Family is pretty important, don't you think? My family takes up a huge part of my heart. There are times I wish I was 20 years younger so that I had more energy and strength to be more helpful to them; but they seem to accept my limitations as a 70-year-old person and love me anyway.

Here are a few pictures from being over at Dylan and Kelly's after school on Valentine's Day. Cal and I wait in my car in their driveway for the bus to arrive. I always get a happy greeting from Erin and Aidan as they come off their bus. It's lovely to be greeted so enthusiastically every single Wednesday afternoon.

We played upstairs and downstairs, but I only took pictures of our downstairs play. 

Aidan was setting up dinosaur scenes:


Cal and Aidan are both pretty well informed about dinosaurs in general ...

Aidan set up a whole bunch of hilarious dino interactions ...

And here is ERIN! She was so full of affection today. It was wonderful to be hugged and cuddled with.
Brendan was here too. He sat down next to me for awhile with a Pokeman book and talked about all the different species and names and favorites that he has. It was precious to have him sit next to me on the floor so comfortably and chummy for a little while. I love him so much.

And LOOK! I received these beautiful roses from Dylan and Kelly. I LOVE ROSES!

"Love is like a rose, the JOY of the whole earth" (Christina Rossetti)
Dylan knows that my favorite color is RED ... I love these pretty roses so much.


I laid my head down to sleep tonight wrapped in the arms of the hugs of this sweet family. So thankful for their love.


 

No comments: