Friday, February 16, 2024

February 14 Loved by Cal

Wednesday:  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I picked up a very happy Callaghan from pre-school today. He was loaded with Valentine's Day goodies in a specially decorated bag--candy, little toys, cards! He was quite ecstatic about the whole thing. But more than that, it seemed--he was happy I was there to pick him up! His JOY at seeing me always surprises me! He's so completely sincere about it too.

By now I shouldn't wonder if Cal will find enough to do around here to occupy THREE hours every Wednesday afternoon--but I am always a tiny bit concerned that he will be bored, since there are no other little people here to play with. Good thing I have a LOT of toys that I enjoy playing with along with him.

Cal is pretty intense when he plays trains ... look at the expression on his little face.
We ate our lunch at about 1:00. I read Cal "Those Darn Squirrels Fly South" as he was eating. Cal really likes Mr. Fookwire, and especially the Floogle Bird! 
We also played with our tree house for awhile. The animals had all kinds of adventures today hiding from Mrs. Grizzly bear!

We played for a long time in the spare bedroom that is well stocked with toys. We usually play CARS back there on our Hot Wheels tracks and launchers. Cal never gets tired of my stock of cars! Of course, I have about 200 different toy cars for him to admire and play with. He loves cars and trucks.

Near the end of our three hours when I am doing a quick pick-up around here, I put on an episode of Dino Dana for our dinosaur fan to watch ...
... after which I load this little one into my car for the drive back to his house.


No comments: