Sunday, February 18, 2024

February 18 Kaitlynn

Saturday:  Early today I received a call from Debi, Ayden's grandma, asking if Kaity could come to their house today to spend some time with Ayden. What a nice invitation! I told Debi that Kaity was at a friend's birthday party until 3:00--which was when I was picking her up--but ... how about if I pick Kaity up and then drive over and get Ayden and the kids play over here for a little while? I told Debi that Kaity has been wanting to invite Ayden here for a few weeks now. Debi said she would have to check with Ayden's dad. 

SO ... I went into high gear around here, just in case the answer was YES. I got out a few games for Ayden and Kaity to play, I cleaned up a few things, and I prepped my brain to go from just Kaity to Kaity AND Ayden. Just when I had practically accomplished that, I got a text back from Debi stating that Ayden already had an obligation at 3:00 with his dad, so it would not work for him to come over.

Sigh.

SO ... I picked Kaity up from the birthday party and we came over here. It was probably a good thing Ayden wasn't able to come today. Remember? I had to have a serious conversation with Kaity, one that I wasn't really looking forward to, and one I would NOT have had the opportunity to have had Ayden been here too.

When Kaity got in the car, she had a story to tell me! She had spent a great many hours with Ayden just yesterday over at the grandparent's house. She told me of all the fun she and Ayden had playing games and hanging out. I was so happy to hear this!

When we arrived here, Kaity helped me complete the "frame" to the new puzzle we are working on. She was very INTO it. Yes! I'm always so glad when Kaity is interested and we can work on something like this together.

We played another game of LIFE--Kaity ended up with FIVE pets in her car--she took the route that prevented her from acquiring too many children. I ended up with FIVE children and THREE pets. We naturally named all of our pets and I named my children too (I had 3 boys and 2 girls). Kaity thinks this part of the game is great fun. Her occupation was a Secret Agent, and I was a physician. 

After the game, as we were working on the puzzle, we had a serious talk about what happens at Altitude when everyone plays "cops and robbers." I had asked the Lord to help me find a way to discuss this with Kaity without pointing fingers or placing blame unnecessarily on one person in their group--because ALL of them forget themselves and every rule at Altitude when they play--they are all competitive kids and don't want to be caught and thrown in jail! 

I was so thankful for Kaity's attitude while we were talking. She wasn't defensive! She wasn't immature! She looked straight at me when we were talking about various situations that have happened, and she truly admitted that the game gets away from her, too, at times. We talked about what to do about the whole thing and agreed that "cops and robbers" just can't be played at a public park like Altitude. She was so grown up about the whole thing. As we were talking, I was silently thanking the Lord for giving us this time to be honest with each other and cover all the bases. Thank you so much, Lord. 

Later in the day, we got Charlie out of the closet and introduced him to Honey. Kaity is really good at manipulating Charlie to walk and dance. It's so much fun to see how good she is at this. And it brings her JOY too.

Honey wasn't too impressed with Charlie ... but we are certain they will become friends (yes, I know this is just pretend).

I love these pictures of Kaity so much. I love HER so much. 



Kaity--do you know how wonderful it is being your grandma?

No comments: