Saturday, September 1, 2007

Another Split-Second Visit!

I would say I am almost getting used to these nano-second appearances by our Adam and Emily -- except, I'm not! Mr. Jones had e-mailed Adam a day or two ago with a computer issue; in reply, Adam phoned Thursday evening to say that since he and Emily were "coming home" this weekend, they could just talk face to face. Did you say you were coming home this weekend? If you call "coming home" arriving at 4:25 a.m., sleeping until noon (by necessity) and then turning around to return to the Twin Cities by 4:00 p.m., I guess I would agree. But you guys! Can't you ever stay longer than a blink of an eye?
Actually, they were coming to Grand Rapids to pick up Emily's "new" car; a 2001 Mercury Cougar with 5000 miles on it! They got a very good "family buy" that was such a good deal for them, and it is a beautiful vehicle. How happy!
This is Adam's 2007 Mustang. I didn't know that Mustang's were Adam's favorite car, but then you learn something new almost every day in this family! It's a very nice car as well. Their mission was accomplished -- all the paperwork for Emily's car was complete, and after sharing a spaghetti dinner with us, they headed home to Minnesota. If all goes as planned, Mr. Jones and I will be seeing them at their apartment four weeks from today! Drive careful you guys!

2 comments:

Emily said...

We drove straight through into the night. It's good to be home. Our kitty was happy to see us. (I think) Adam couldn't believe that I would be willing to drive the distance all the way. We made it, we're safe. Congradulations on your retirement. Have fun doing the things you love!

Mom Jones said...

I bet you were SO glad to get home! Thanks for letting us know you arrived safely -- it was nice seeing you, even if only briefly.