Thursday, September 13, 2007

Saltgrass Steakhouse at Kemah

"My heart is confident in you, O God;
no wonder I can sing your praises! ...
for your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds."
PSALM 57:7 & 10
Since Nicolas was promoted to a Starbuck's manager yesterday, Mr. Jones and I thought it would be fitting to invite Nick and Rachel out for a congratulatory dinner for four. The restaurant of choice was The Saltgrass Steakhouse over at Kemah!
The happily promoted couple ...
What a beautiful picture!
(Mr. Jones took it)
It was a completely perfectly beautiful night ...
Hard to believe that less than 24 hours ago
a hurricane was passing by just about
15 miles up the coast from here!
If I hadn't seen it myself out at Galveston,
I wouldn't believe it!
I took a lot of pictures (again!)
We took a ride up in the Sky Tower.
Here is what we saw from up on top ...
The Sky Tower (before we got on!)
You can see the whole park ...
I LOVE heights!
After riding the tower, we took a leisurely
walk on the boardwalk ...

I would love to do a watercolor of this scene ...
I don't think I would ever get tired of this place!
We ate dinner here --
Mr. Jones and I split a Rib-eye steak meal
and Nick and Rachel split a Porterhouse steak meal ...
and we still ate SO MUCH
we could barely walk out of the restaurant!
It was so much fun eating out as a foursome
(did I mention that we got a babysitter for the kiddos?)

Thanks, Lord, for your never-ending,
always faithful,
overflowing love for us!

No comments: