Thursday, September 13, 2007

We are sad to leave Houston!

It is almost 2:00 in the morning and I am still at this "blog" thing ... Mr. Jones is right (as usual). I am addicted to this journaling thing ... but perhaps someday when I am older and even more senile I will appreciate the effort made ... unless, of couse, I look back on this and don't even realize who any of you are! Whew -- that would be pathetic!

I thought I'd just post a few last pictures as we were leaving tonight. We have had a wonderful week with Nick, Rachel, Nathan and Nia. We have had a ton of fun. We have served each other. We have cooked, cleaned, traveled, laughed, enjoyed, and it is very sad to be leaving ...
Nick and Nia
She is so precious!
And the ever-precocious Nathan ...
Hey! Here is some random stuff about Nathan Paul --
  • He is the only under-2 child I have ever met who CHEWS gum. He doesn't swallow it -- he CHEWS it! He loves the extra menthol gum like Trident White (sugarless, of course!). I think that is rather remarkable!
  • He will randomly break into song, and sing 'oly, 'oly, 'oly -- which is "Holy, Holy, Holy" (which I understand is his grandma McNeil's doing). But he can even do motions with the song and his little face just lights up while he sings it -- it is absolutely the best!
  • He loves bears. He has very many stuffed bears, and for some reason they are all named "Boo."
  • He has the most adorable dimple just below his mouth -- he only shows it when he is very amused ... We love you, Nathan Paul! You too, Rachel
    and Mr. Rudy Valencia Valentino!
    Grandpa Jones kissing Nia Madelynn good-bye.

1 comment:

JonesChronicles said...

FYI - the gate that was broken almost all your visit...is broken again today!!!