Monday, September 10, 2007

Kemah Boardwalk on Galveston Bay

We started our day yesterday at Bay Area Community Church
Nathan went to the nursery
and the rest of us worshipped!
Afterwards, we went to the apartment and while the lazagna
was heating up, we ate more fruit and dip
while Nathan and Nicolas played
HIDE-'N-SEEK
They had quite a game of it and Nathan was SO funny
(so was Nick)
Where is Nick?
Can you find him, Nathan?
There's daddy!
Come out, daddy! Let's do it again!
And they did -- about 100x!
With Nathan giggling and shreaking with laughter,
Nicolas and Nathan running through the apartment --
"Where's daddy?" Nathan would ask ...
And Nick would find rather obvious places, throw the blanket
over his body, and Nathan would come and find him ...
It would have made a really cute video
(but I haven't read up on my video camera yet)

Baby Nia was oblivious to the excitement.
She was snuggling closely with Grandpa.
After lunch, everybody took naps ...
Nicolas and Rachel certainly deserved one!


We had phoned Aunt Peg and she agreed to meet us at 4:00.
We headed over to Kemah Boardwalk on Galveston Bay.

Peg said she had never been over there before
and neither had Grandpa or I!


"Worship him who made the heaven and earth,
the sea, and all the springs of water ..."
Revelation 14:7b
What a beautiful place!
Kemah Boardwalk is a carnival/amusement-park kind of place
with lots of little (expensive) shops
great places to eat
and even a TRAIN for Grandpa!

Here is the little steam engine ... how cute!
Nathan was very pleased to take a ride :)
And so was Nia Madelynn ...
The train took us all over the park, through scary tunnels,
past a Western town complete with bandits -- it was very cute!

Grandpa Jones probably had the most fun of all!
And since this was baby Nia's very first ever train ride
(at 13 days old!)
I had to take this very posed picture of them ...
Grandpa Jones looks amazingly like HIS father in this picture!
We ate pizza at a great AIR CONDITIONED place
(the heat is almost overwhelming down here at times!)
and Nathan was able to kind of run and play as we ate
since we weren't at a fancy place ...
All of us enjoyed watching Nathan throw pennies into the fountain.
It looks like he is ready to take a dive ...
but don't worry -- his folks carefully keep him in check
(which, by the way, is a full-time job)
It was a beautiful evening, and as the sun began to set
it got a little bit cooler.
We just walked around and enjoyed being by the Bay ...
Aunt Peg and Mr. Jones
What a pretty place ...
And whenever I am at a place like this, I am reminded
of the greatness of the Lord.
I am always amazed at His creation ...

"If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.


I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night --
but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you, the night shines as bright as day.
Darkness and light are both alike to you."
PSALM 139:9-12
I was refreshed and renewed down deep inside just to be here!
Thanks, LORD, for making all of this beauty!

No comments: