Sunday, December 16, 2007

He cleans up pretty nice ...

Today is the last day of Calvary Church's annual "Festival of Lights." Mr. Jones has been a part of this for almost 20 years now. He sings bass in the choir, and I think he has a mighty fine voice. I also really really like the way he looks in a tuxedo ... not bad for a model-train enthusiast, chemistry major, former quality assurance/control guy who has been accused of being a geek! (NOT by me!)
I was supposed to attend one of the performances today, but I've been sick since Thursday. I think it was food poisoning or salmonella ... something that CAN happen if one eats too much raw cookie dough while one is baking ... I seriously thought I was going to have to go to the ER Friday night -- but here it is Sunday, and I have lived to tell about it! However, we had quite a bit of snow overnight, it is bitterly cold outside, the roads aren't in great shape, and I feel weak from being sick; so I am not going anywhere today! I have never missed attending Festival, and I feel badly about it.
The snow has been perfectly beautiful to look at though (from the inside!). Had I not been ill, I would have bundled up and taken a winter walk this afternoon and brought my camera along for the ride. If I feel stronger tomorrow, that's exactly what I'm going to do! Perhaps we will actually have a White Christmas this year ...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Adam was wondering where the first picture in the post below was taken at?

Sabrina said...

Emily and Adam: It is from the slider in the family room by the office looking towards the hot tub.

I have to say that I selfishly am hoping for a white Christmas this year too! And I know my kids would love it! I can't beleive that by next Sunday we will be with you in MI! Yeah! I am so sorry that you've been so sick. I can't believe that you talked to me for so long on Friday night with feeling so bad. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better though now. Lots of love and I can now say See ya soon and it really will be soon!

Thursday said...

Nice tux, Mr. Jones!