Friday, December 21, 2007

The Train! The Train!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
Incredible!
Are you smiling yet?
The train is up and running!
ALL AROUND THE ENTIRE LAYOUT!!!
Grandpa Jones has accomplished it!
They said it couldn't be done!
(that one's for you, Adam!)
Well, would you look at this!
Here's grandpa laying the track ...
Grandpa Jones hand lays all of his track ...
... it is a very meticulous process ...
He has this nifty little gauge that helps him
do all of his measurements ...

So are you ready, kids?!!!

The basement is in order ...
... the presents are all wrapped ...
Grandpa Jones even found time
to hang the closet door on its hinges ...
... the safety gate is in place ...
... the baking is just about finished ...
AND
we just received a call from one of our Texas families!
Andrew, Sabrina and kiddos have traveled as
far as W. Memphis --
they are stopping for lunch, and then
back on the road!
Adam and Emily should be starting their
journey home just about now ...
Nick and Rachel are leaving Sunday
for the long drive to Michigan ...
Diana and little ones cannnot make
the long trip home
and Grandma is dealing with it
and staying positive (well, I'm trying!) ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your family over Christmas break! I had hot chocolate with Dylan today and he told me some of your kids were coming in for Christmas. Have fun, enjoy!

We should get together for coffee some time because I feel like I know you through your blogs but I've only met you once or twice. Hope you don't mind that I do read your postings. :)

Thanks! Merry Christmas!

Jessie Timmer (from Kuyper)

Mom Jones said...

I would like that very much, Jessie! I don't mind at all that you read my meager blog ... it is therapeutic for me mostly I think. Merry Christmas to you as well!

Sabrina said...

I told Jackson that Boppa got his big trains running for us all but I don't think he quite understands what I mean yet. That's okay- we'll just show him tomorrow! We are all ready for bed in Champagne Illinois and looking forward to a short driving day tomorrow. The kids are doing great with the driving, God is blessing us with every mile it seems, and we are enjoying our drive.

Diana said...

Just letting you know I did get a box out to ya'll on Friday.

Mom Jones said...

Thank you, Diana -- very sweet of you ... everyone is saying how much they wish all of you were here with us ... you are very much loved and so missed ...