Monday, December 24, 2007

We played all day ...

We had a really full day of play at The Junction yesterday and I have snuck into my back office early in the morning to show you just a few pictures of our time together before it starts all over again today ...
We worshiped together in the morning ...
an awesome service of Christmas carols,
learning more about "Immanuel" -- God WITH us,
greeting friends,
and just praising the Lord together.
See Karis's pretty Christmas outfit?

The snow started before we even left church ...
and it kept coming down all day ...
it is absolutely beautiful outside this morning --
a definite White Christmas this year!
Karis enjoyed watching it come down ...

The wind was so gusty,
I was a little worried it was going to blow
our yellow ribbon away ...
but it held fast and is still there this morning!

Jackson and Karis enjoyed playing the piano very much ...
Jackson wasn't too keen on Karis
interrupting his composition ...
We got out the marble run
downstairs in the playroom,
and Uncle Adam put it together for
the little kids ...
they had so much fun with it!
There were marbles everywhere --
we watched them carefully, because marbles can be dangerous with little kids ...
Karis was just delighted with all of the colors
and the cool sound the marbles made
going down the run ...
of course, I had about 100 more marbles
than were needed ...
so like I said, there were marbles EVERYWHERE!
It was great to have Emily and Adam
join the fun ...
I thought I was snapping this great picture
of them together -- but Adam had used
my camera to take some video of the
marble run (I'll try to post those another time)
and the camera was still on Video ... so this picture is blurry ...
The picture above is Andrew and Sabrina enjoying
the hottub in the blizzard ... the wind was really something!
Olivia and I stayed inside and played Christmas carols.
Earlier in the evening, Olivia had played us an entire
flute concert of Christmas carols ...
I didn't take any pictures of her while she was playing
because I didn't want to make her nervous.
She plays really well, and we enjoyed it very much!
My beautiful pre-lit Christmas tree began having problems
about one week ago ... something about those lights ...
by the time Sabrina and her family arrived two days ago,
seven strands of lights were not lighting at all!
The tree looked pathetic instead of beautiful ...
I was loudly lamenting the situation
each and every time I walked into the living room ...
So while Andrew and Olivia were out running
errands yesterday afternoon, Andrew bought us
some pretty lights to hang on the tree
(wasn't that kind of him?) ...
Sabrina and Olivia worked on arranging
them on the tree, in and out of branches
and ornaments, and this is the result!
Ah, much better!
Well, I hear the patter of little feet
and the small voices of children ...
I'd best get off the computer and start playing!

P.S. I have added a music playlist to my blog
(thanks to Emily!).
"Where are you Christmas?" is a song that Jesse
has been listening to and that means a lot to him ...
you can hear it right here if you want to, and then
you'll know why he likes it ...

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm glad the tree is up and running! I can't wait to see it tonight!