Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's Nick's Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
NICOLAS!
Nicolas Alexander, you were a cute baby!

Having one's birthday fall a week before Christmas can take people off guard ... all that Christmas shopping, baking, and preparation for family coming home for the holidays takes the focus somewhere other than on a birthday kid ... is that how it was growing up, Nick? I hope not, but that's how it was for ME this week! I nearly missed this date completely! So I apologize for the haphazard nature of this posting about your birthday. Your dad had scanned some pictures of you as a little guy for me last year when I was working on a picture project for you, but I don't have any scanned of your school years or sports activities or much of anything at all! But here is what I have, without much comment, because I wasn't there and did not know you then!Is that a TRAIN cake?
First day of school ...
Christmas 1985 5th birthday
You are definitely riding a train in this picture ...

As I was looking through recent pictures, it was difficult for me to find any pictures of JUST Nick, WITHOUT Nathan attached to his head, back, or body somewhere! I'm not kidding! Almost every picture I have of Nicolas, Nathan is very very close by ...Christmas 2006
Nicolas juggling fruit and assorted objects
to the delight of Nathan!

Here he is at IKEA entertaining all of us ...
We hope you have a very happy birthday today,
as well as a wonderful anniversary ...
sending lots of love to you on this special day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happyu Birthday, Nicolas!!

Sabrina said...

Happy Birthday Nick!

Yes mom that was a train cake and the picture of the train that we were riding is the tram system underground in DC that takes you from the capital building to the senators offices. What you don't see is that on the return trip that driver made Nick get up front and help him drive it back!

Mom Jones said...

That's very cool additional information, Sabrina! :) Thank you dear.