Thursday, May 1, 2014

A cold and rainy May Day made warm and bright ...

You would think that since this is MAY DAY, I would be sharing some astonishingly beautiful blossoms for this post; but alas, I cannot! There really are not that many flowers in bloom right now! It has been kind of cold this spring, and things are a bit late blooming!
 Thankfully, this Little Fellow is always bright and shining and 100% into living life in the happy zone.
 Brendan is just a little over two years, so I hadn't tried playing with play dough yet with him. I had an unfortunate incident with one of my boys when they were this age with play dough because … that little one swallowed quite a big chunk of it and had a sick stomach afterwards. But that was a very long time ago, and I have such nice play dough toys; so I took the risk.
I will say that Brendan wasn't overly impressed with the play dough scene. He was actually more interested in the little containers and other paraphernalia that I have in my play dough crate. But we had fun looking at all of the stuff anyway ... 
I showed Brendan how to roll out the dough and make some different shapes. I fashioned a bright green snake for him briefly, but it got destroyed by his little fist before he could fully appreciate my creation! 
I also was brave enough to show Brendan our little MicroMachines (they are 20 years old at least!) ... 
 He was very pleased with them. I had a few regular Matchbox vehicles out as well, but Brendan rejected those outright for the joy of examining all of the MicroMachines one by one.
It was fun to see him play with these tiny cars … using his chunky hands ... 
 It was a wonderful way to pass an otherwise dull day! 
And it is always nice to visit with Kelly too, even though she is not pictured in this post! Thankful she is in my life … she enriches it greatly!

No comments: