Sunday, May 18, 2014

Jesse's birthday . . .

I'm a day late on this birthday post for Jesse, but since no one but me looks in on this blog … no harm, no foul! This is the seventh complete year that I have been keeping this photo journal, and I usually comment and at least post a few pictures for birthdays; so even though I am not on time with this, here I go ...
The above picture of Jesse was stolen from his FB page, simply because I haven't any very recent pictures of him! Usually when I am near him, his kiddos are even closer and my camera just hones in on them … something about being a grandma kind of diverts my attention! I like this picture of Jesse … perhaps it's a "selfie" or maybe Diana took it, I'm not sure.

This has been a big-deal year in Jesse's life. He "retired" from his service in the Army, due to a medical discharge because of a very malfunctioning knee, even status post three surgeries. He and his family moved back to Grand Rapids in August, he was employed as a dispatcher for a few months and was then laid off, and now he is a house-dad while Diana works in home-health care. They have purchased their first home and are settling down there these last few months.

I made Jesse's card out of a few photos I have of him as a little guy. I used to call him, "Bubby" and if I'm not very careful when I'm around him, that name will still leave my lips in his presence! In my heart, this is a term of endearment, one of those sweet nicknames you give your baby that just sticks with you as a mom ...

 The photo of Jesse giving me a hug was in the spring of 2007, when he returned from boot camp, all suited up and ready to serve his country.
Me, a new mother … and Jesse a newborn ...

Picture taken at Jesse's FIRST
birthday celebration
Diana invited a few friends over last night to help celebrate Jesse's birthday. She made a nice shrimp pasta dish and breadsticks and a yummy cheese cake. All three of my sons were there, two daughters-in-law, and all five grandchildren … however, I failed to photograph all of them together ~ so typical! And I'm not sure I snapped even one picture of an adult yesterday … that grandma thing again. 

I hope this year is exceedingly happy for you, dear Jesse!


No comments: