Sunday, May 18, 2014

What a beautiful Saturday!

I did a terrible job photographing the events of Saturday! But here are a few shots anyway. I'll have to fill in the blanks with narrative I guess.

First of all, meet George (below). I did NOT name him; however, "George" is a standard name I throw out when I am frustrated with anyone (usually male). I've gotten into the habit of calling this to Chris or Matthew when they are being less than cooperative … and I've been known to even feminize the name to "Georgette" for the little girls in my life who are misbehaving!
I'm not sure WHY the children named our frog, "George" but they did and that's all there is to it! I actually found him while sweeping off my front porch Friday afternoon. He was sitting up on one of the deck chairs, blending in with the cushion. When I swept him off with a little hand broom I use on my chairs, I thought he was a little rock. But when he landed with less of a "thud" on my deck than a rock should have, I examined him a little bit closer only to find out that he was an absolutely adorable tree frog! I quickly got a container from the house and caged him for later enjoyment. And the grandchildren DID enjoy him Friday night and Saturday morning, but then we took him over to our favorite park (Townsend) and deposited him on a lovely tree near the creek. 
We went over to the kiddo's house mid-afternoon so that we could include Kaity in some of our playtime and free Jesse up to do a few things around the house that needed doing before other people arrived for his birthday celebration. I welcomed being able to spend some time with Kaity! She is definitely a force to be reckoned with!  


 What?! A force to be reckoned with? This darling, adorable little cutie? Yes, indeed! She is NOT a meek and mild child in any sense of the word! But she is a VERY delightful person and I know we are going to enjoy each other thoroughly. We played in Kaity's room for quite awhile. She has many beautiful toys. Emma and I entertained Little Missy for about two hours, and then it was time for the party.
 It's a very rare thing that all three of my sons and their families are at one place at one time … but this was one of those times! I didn't, however, take any pictures of any adults! Fancy that! I'm a totally distracted grandmother. I hope my children do not take offense at that!
Brendan was delighted to be there and enjoyed himself (naturally) every minute. Emma loves to see him and play with him too. 


 Brendan mowed the driveway ...

And played basketball, soccer, kick ball … ran, climbed, explored, and had a blast in every way possible. 


It was wonderful to see Brendan play with his cousins … such a sweet little boy this is! So much to give thanks for this weekend!

No comments: