Sunday, December 31, 2017

A brutally frigid winter walk ... NOT a hike

December 30 am:  I woke up Saturday morning to a most beautiful sight. NEW SNOW on top of other NEW SNOW ... AND unbelievably, the sun was shining! AH! A perfect combination for great winter pictures. I couldn't resist. Except ... it was 3 degrees (or something like that). I layered up like a mummy and headed on out ... 
Chauncey Avenue, going north ... 
 Chauncey Avenue, south (with a paint brush effect) ...
It was TOO cold to even consider hiking ... so WHERE could I go that would guarantee pretty pictures?!!!!  
 Just 10 minutes up the road is Townsend Park, my dear old friend, true blue for pictures, always ...
 The only negative is that there are SO MANY BRAMBLES that block a clear picture! So I just have to accept what IS and keep going, right?
 I did manage to walk through thickets and thorns, etc. to try to get somewhat of a clear shot now and then ....




 I can't decide which is my favorite shot ...


 But I think the one below is it!

 Or perhaps this one?

No comments: