Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Emma sings in the Comstock Park CHRISTMAS CONCERT

December 19:  There is something about seeing Emma in this black formal that gives me such mixed feelings: joy, pride, sadness, longing, hope ... all at once. She is getting so grown up. It seems like a blink ago that she was my little adoring granddaughter. Emma loves music and she loves to sing. I'm so glad about this! She loves her choir teacher, Mrs. Doehring, too. And I think Emma loves the whole community feeling of being in the choir. I love to see Emma with a group like this, interacting and enjoying herself. And I was so proud of how hard she worked at her music for this concert and how poised she was up on the platform. Good job, Emma. Your grandma loves you more than words can say.
Emma is part of the Comstock Park singers, which is the high school choir. There are separate groups as well: Vocal Impact (an all-girls group) and a new group this year of boys, the Rolling Tones.

Emma sang "Et In Terra Pax" (John Purifoy), the "Jamaican Noel" (Kirby Shaw), and "Carol of the Bells" (M. Leontovich). She did such a good job. 
After the concert, I wanted to snap a good picture of Emma in her gown; but by then Kaity-Girl had sabatoged that by dragging Ems into the bathroom ... and then Emma had her jacket on and something about the pins coming out of her dress, etc. so that I never did get a close-up of Emma in her pretty dress. That's okay. I like this picture of these two granddaughters anyway.

No comments: