Saturday, December 30, 2017

FujiYama and Meijer Gardens

December 21 (Thursday):  I picked my Little Fellow up from his swim class and OFF we went through the snow and headed straight to FUJI YAMA because it was just before 5:00 AND I was hoping (and praying) we would be able to get in right away and enjoy some hibachi cooking and eating.
 Yes! We got seated IMMEDIATELY. Brendan began with a nice class of pink lemonade.
 I was telling Brendan about the FIRE that was coming ... he looked just a tiny bit skeptical ...
 This is our chef getting the grill ready ...
 ... and this is the ONION VOLCANO erupting. I thought Brendan was going to flip out ...
 He was extremely pleased ... We ate a TON of food: fried rice (YUM), vegetables and noodles, and chicken--Oh, and with DOUBLE yum yum sauce. It was mighty delicious.
After we were SO full we could barely walk, we DROVE over to Meijer Gardens to take a look at the Christmas trees and beautiful nativities from around the world.

 We ran into my cousin Lois, Joel, her daughter Rebekkah and tiny daughter JEM--I love this picture of Brendan and JEM!
 Below is newborn Aurora and her mom Rebekkah and then my cousin Lois.
 What Brendan was extremely excited to see (and nothing else mattered) was the TRAINS!
 Brendan was VERY determined to see every single train available ...









 Brendan! You are such a little man! How fun to be with you in this place.

 We explored the butterfly zone (no butterflies yet) ... nice and balmy warm in there and SO pretty.



 I loved this night with you, dear Brendan!

No comments: