Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas Day 2017

Christmas Day 2017:  Everyone came! Dylan, Kelly, Brendan, Aidan, and Shane arrived at 3:00. Dinner was served at 4:00.
 This baby! Yikes! What a yummy sweetheart he is!

Jesse, Di, Emma, Chris, Matt and Kaity arrived at 5:00 and we had Round Two of dinner and snacks and desserts, etc. 


 I have more pictures somewhere, but I cannot figure out what I did with them--which folder did I edit them?!?!?!
 The older kids really enjoy the little boys and it is so much fun to have the cousins together. They do really well together. AND this is the first time, in a very long time, that all SIX of my grandkids have been in ONE house!
Aidan was delighted with the entire experience! Look at his scrunchy little smile!
AIDAN! YOU DARLING BABY!!!

 Christopher yucked it up on my piano for awhile. He looks like a real piano-man here!
 And my "Bubby" updated all of my computer applications (yes! THANK YOU, Jesse!) ...
And the children sat at the art table and drew pictures together for quite a long time ... 

 Emma watched some DIY videos (one of her favorite things to do) ...
 I love this picture of Diana and Kelly ...
Brendan was a little aggravated with his grandma ALWAYS taking pictures !!
After Jesse's family went home, Brendan asked if he could "make a puppet show." So we got out our little finger puppets and stage, and Brendan told us an interesting story ...
 ... complete with a watery background he had colored earlier in the evening ... his story was all about a little dolphin who "dived" very deep into the ocean ...
 ... and that little dolphin landed on the back of a WHALE ... and the whale was breaching and the two of them jumped all the way into outer space ...
... and then the story got interrupted somehow and I never did hear how the dolphin and whale got back to earth. But that's okay. I can use my own imagination to figure that out. Perhaps they just stayed out in the stratosphere somewhere and enjoyed some twinkling stars all through Christmas night ...

PS:  Shane was here too and my heart was glad to see him and have him here with us. I was careful not to take any pictures of him because my last directive from him was that he would rather not be in any. 

No comments: