Saturday, December 30, 2017

The kiddos come to celebrate Christmas

December 23:  Every year the grandchildren come over a little bit before Christmas day and we open their special gifts together here at my house. I love to see them open their presents, even when they are NOT surprised!
Mostly, the children all order their gifts with me ON-LINE and mostly through Lego.com. However, this year Emma decided she wanted money so that she could begin saving for special things. The boys ordered Legos and I got Kaity a few things she could take home to HER house, as well as a few things that would stay HERE at The Beach House.

 I hate giving money for Christmas presents, especially to my Ems. She is my first grandchild and she isn't a little girl any more. I went to Michael's and got a few things off the clearance rack--just some craft sticks and a nativity that she could put together. Emma likes making things and she is very artistic and a really good builder.
 The boys opened their legos ...
 I ordered a talking stuffed hamster for Kaity. She promptly named him "Norman" (from the "Pets" movie). It is powered by battery and when you talk, it repeats what you say in a ridiculous chipmunk voice, all the while shaking and dancing. It's hilarious (and also a tiny bit annoying). Kaity loved it. Actually, we all cracked up at it for the rest of the afternoon.
I also got Kaity TWO Melissa and Doug sticker books. She LOVED them. I'm so pleased! She just seemed delighted that the one sticker book had RE-USABLE stickers that you could make up all kinds of stories with. Her book is all about pets and grooming them and taking care of them, etc. She played and played with this. !!!
 The boys got right to work on assembling their models ... they are both excellent builders.
These were quite difficult models! 
 Emma put together the nativity for me ...
 Kaity also got an LED glow-in-the-dark teddy bear to sleep with AND a magnetic baby tiger (super soft). She LOVES stuffed toys. 






 The finished Nativity. I like it! Emma! Thank you for making this!
 I also got Kaity a stamp set of farm animals and she went into orbit with it! I was amazed at how careful she was with everything. 

 Kaity-Girl, you are really learning a lot from your pre-K class. I notice a big difference in her attention span and her ability to concentrate for longer periods of time, as well as her interest in more age-appropriate stuff. I'm really thankful for all of this for Kaity.









I love these children! The Lord certainly blessed me life when He permitted me to become a grandma. What beautiful gifts they are to me.

No comments: