Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Babysitting for l'il Aidan and Brendan

December 18:  Dylan and Kelly had the Acton Christmas party to go to Monday, late afternoon/early evening ... so I was able to babysit for these dear boys. I will say, however, keeping up with this little imp of an infant is a full-time endeavor. Look at his little face! He has a twinkle about him, doesn't he?
Aidan decided to give me a run for my money Monday ... I turned away from him for a split second and when I turned back, this little munchkin was ON THE TABLE! He had managed to wriggle himself completely free of his high chair! Yikes. 
 But Aidan simply cannot be resisted. Below pic is totally typical of this little chum. I think I will nickname him "Henry" from this point on. He can't be "George" or even "Charles" like the other kids are called every now and again when they are on my last nerve (!!) ... no. I think Aidan is a Henry.

 Dear Brendan was very, very, very neglected throughout these few hours. Aidan was supposed to take a nap! But he only shut one eye and then actually both eyes at the same time for a tiny split second, and then he got a second wind and was right back at it. I let Brendan "pig out" on his tablet for way too long ...
 Brendan! I love you so much! Good thing we have our Thursday night date night!
 Well, we managed to survive until Dylan and Kelly returned home without any catastrophes whatsoever. 
I must be just about the luckiest grandma in the world ...

No comments: