Thursday, February 2, 2023

February 1 Lowell Part I

Wednesday:  I've been wanting to drive out to Lowell to take some winter pictures for quite a long time. This morning presented the perfect opportunity. The sun was even shining! We have 8" of fairly fresh snowfall!

My first destination was the Grand River Riverfront Park pedestrian bridge. I love this bridge. I mean--if you are going to construct a bridge, make it BEAUTIFUL ... like this one is. But first ... as I turned into the park entrance, I noticed a pretty scene across the road and took a few pictures:


I like this little barn, don't you?

But ... let's walk over to the bridge ...

I was so glad to find that the rivers (both the Flat and the Grand) had not frozen over--I'm not sure they ever completely freeze; but it depends on where you are! Over here in Belmont, up on Northland (where the bridge crosses the Grand River), the river is pretty frozen in most places. I think pictures look so much better with reflection and movement, don't you? 


I really love this bridge ... it actually crosses TWO rivers--kind of--the two rivers meet here and there are these small islands called "The Sister Islands" that the bridge spans across.
Look how pretty it is here!


I'm so glad the sun was shining brightly for these pictures!




Where the rivers meet ...













This is a ridiculous amount of pictures ... I know!


I didn't post ALL 250 pictures!




From here, I drove over to Fallasburg Park--not with the covered bridge in mind (because I have many winter pictures of it) but I remember seeing a really cute barn somewhere across the river that I am going to walk to and photograph ...

No comments: