Wednesday, February 1, 2023

January 31 A good day!

Tuesday:  Cal and Erin and I had our usual fun playing and hanging out at my house from about noon until 3:30. I didn't take many pictures today--they kept me too busy almost to even remember I own a camera. But here are the few photos that I did take:

Erin and I played a game of Snakes and Ladders! It seemed quite important to Erin that she WIN this little game ... so ... she WON!


Cal played with cars and trucks during our game. He didn't seem a bit bothered that he wasn't playing too.
Erin did a lot of coloring in our princess coloring book (with erasable markers).
I love how she is getting more and more interested in creating pictures and coloring in general.
We played with a ton of toys until the floor was SO covered with stuff we could hardly walk. We also folded a bunch of paper airplanes, and we blew up a few balloons and chased those around for awhile too. 

I was pretty exhausted by then, so I turned on a little video via A-Prime--children's rhyming songs of letters and numbers, and Erin and Cal settled right down while I picked up a lot of the toys that were out.

THEN we had our ice cream over at the table ... look how tired they are!




We packed up our balloons and paper airplanes (with extra paper for the boys to use to make their own planes) and left my house at about 3:40. Usually, both kiddos fall asleep on the ride back to their house; but today, just Cal fell asleep! Erin stayed awake the whole time. We played children's praise songs that she is learning to sing--she is a very enthusiastic vocalist!

Cal slept another hour once I brought him inside and plopped him on their couch. We played in the main room of the house with our balloons and paper planes, all while Cal was sleeping right in the same room. He finally woke up and joined in on the fun. This child LOVES balloons. He is less impressed with paper airplanes at this point. 

Later, we enjoyed a nice meal of ham and pasta that Kelly prepared and just hung out together. Dylan played and sang me a tune that he has composed (with lyrics written by his dad). I felt really blessed listening to him play the guitar and sing. I hadn't expected it at all--so it was very special. 

No comments: