Monday, February 6, 2023

February 4 Late for the Party

Saturday (late afternoon):  Kaity and I left her soccer game and zoomed on over to Brendan's house, just as most of the other kids were leaving--the party had started at 2pm after all. But I didn't want to miss Kaity's soccer game, and SHE did not want to miss coming over to see Brendan and celebrate his birthday. This was the best way we could figure out how to accomplish both things.

Brendan was still pretty distracted by his party when we arrived--he was saying goodby to lots of his friends--so I waited until he had finished and then he opened the few gifts I brought for him.

One of them was a battery-operated cube with lights that you can play games on--it looks like a fancy Rubik's cube, but it isn't really. I put batteries in it before I wrapped it up and tried to play a few of the games; but I'm not good at electronic games, so I wasn't impressed. Hopefully this wasn't an entire waste for Brendan.
Here he is looking at the box I made for him.
This is their great room, photographed from on top of the stairway--it must be a 30' drop to the bottom. We were flying paper airplanes off the top. Aidan was totally into this ...
Kaity enjoyed playing with the kiddos for awhile. They are always super thrilled to see and be with her--especially ERIN. Kaity is very good with little kids and she loves her cousins. We only stayed a little over an hour. It was time for dinner, and I had made spaghetti and meatballs for Kaity over at my house. 

I had started to notice as the day went on that my throat was getting sore and my nose was running and my head was aching ... and it only got worse with each hour. Thankfully, Emma was here when Kaity and I returned--so Kaity and Emma spent some time together. Look at the temporary tattoos Emma got through Amazon! Kaity picked a couple that she liked and Emma helped to get them on her arm and hand. 

These look good on you, Kaity!
 

No comments: