Friday, February 10, 2023

February 9. Pine Island Art Show

Thursday:  I picked Kaity up from Jesse at 4:30 only to learn that there was an Art Show happening THIS VERY MINUTE over at Kaity's school!! We had to go right away!

This is watercolor on top of crayon--nice work, Kaitlynn!
I LOVE children's art! Kaity even introduced me to her Art teacher, who put all of the displays together for family to admire.


I like that this teacher enjoys multi-medium art and introduces it to these children. I would be a terrible Art teacher. I would ONLY do REALISTIC drawings, paintings, and the like ... and NEVER 3-dimensional. I have zero talent for anything other than what I have done my whole life. I don't even enjoy 3-D art.  HOWEVER, I have grown in my appreciation of others who DO ... so I guess I'm not too old to change my ways a little bit here and there.
Okay. I THINK this is clay ...
but I am not sure how exactly it is painted
Kaity was very pleased to be there. Thankfully, Kenzie and Harper and their folks showed up just after we did--so the girls hung out and ran around with each other for a little bit while I wandered with my camera.
This was the only photo Kaity would allow me to take of her ..

No comments: