Sunday, February 19, 2023

February 16 Conflict

Thursday:  We had an ice/snow storm descend on us mid-day today and the roads were a real mess. I intended to pick KT up from Jesse by about 4:00 and then I was going to ask him to come here by 8PM to retrieve her; thus, I wouldn't have to drive on the dark slippery roads. However, at about 1:40 (ish) I got a text from Jesse stating that KT was sick and hadn't gone to school. He asked if I could come to his place to take care of KT while he did some Uber-ing. Sure.

What I failed to remember was ... well, actually quite a number of things. #1: KT does not like school;  #2: KT doesn't always get enough sleep on school nights; hence, when it is morning, she isn't jumping out of bed all excited to start her day; and #3: KT really doesn't like to go to school (I know--I know--I have already stated that fact--but it can't be overstated).

When I drove up Jesse's driveway at 4:00, I found KT-girl outside, playing in the snow, waiting for the school bus to drop off her chums to play with. I'm not sure why this caught me off guard--but it did. I just pictured KT inside the house ... not feeling well ... rather subdued. 

I was wrong.

BUT ... I was a little incensed about KT being outside playing when she hadn't attended school that day, so I ordered her INSIDE. She was not happy about this. Anyway--the story is a little lengthy; suffice it to say that Jesse left to Uber, Kaity closed the door to her room, I made dinner and when it was ready to eat, KT came out of her room, and then she was okay with me. Not that it should have mattered to me actually. I truly believe that if KT doesn't go to school, she needs to remain inside and not expect to play with her friends like any normal day. However, that is NOT my call to make; so I overstepped my bounds, which I don't usually do. My excuse is that I was just unprepared and ... REACTED.

Anyway, after we ate KT went over to Jesse's computer and was able to figure out how to get it up and running (including the password). She then played a rather interesting video game (I forget the name) with people she doesn't even know ... my distance glasses were out in the car, so I couldn't see the screen very well (I was sitting on the couch); so I kept describing what I thought I was seeing (which apparently wasn't even close to what was actually there), which cracked KT up. Anyway, we ended up NOT having a terrible time. Jesse came home a little before 8:00 and I drove home safely, without any slide-offs or incidents. I was thankful that KT didn't hold a grudge against me the whole time I was there; but if she had, it would just have had to be how it was! Anyway, I love her to pieces. She really and truly MUST go to school though ... every single day that school is open. I'm praying about this for her.

No comments: