Monday, February 13, 2023

February 9 Valentine Cookies

Thursday evening:  A few days after Christmas (2022), Kaity complained to me that we never made any Christmas cookies together this year--she was right--we did NOT! The last few years, we've made a bunch of Christmas cookies and given them to family; but our family really doesn't do "sweets" and oftentimes the cookies just remain in their decorated tins and are never eaten (except by me). So I just let the Christmas season come and go without baking any cookies this year. However, Kaity seemed rather distraught about this so I told her we would decorate cookies for Valentine's Day instead.

Kaity's taste buds, however, have no lack of wanting for sweets. She has been known to make herself sick by eating too many. Notice how there are ZERO decorated cookies on the trays or table. Every time Kaity would get one all decorated, she would EAT it.

Thankfully, she did NOT get sick and all of the cookies finally got finished. Did I take a picture of any of the decorated ones? Apparently not!

Ah! Here's one ... we made TWO big ones like this: one for Kaity's mama, and one for Jesse. 
Also--it's been longer than a year since I have baked "sugar" cookies. I used my favorite recipe from my Better Crocker cookbook (which is ages old). Somehow I remember the cookies tasting better than they did this time. Is it possible that I've become less fond of sugar?!?!? I sure hope so.

No comments: