Sunday, February 19, 2023

February 18 Kaity's last soccer game

Saturday:  This is the last soccer game of Kaity's very brief winter soccer season--they only played five games! I'm glad she was able to do this, though, because it's just ... good for her. Kaity is very athletically inclined and enjoys sports a lot.
Yesterday, however, Kaity was not at her best physically. She just seemed exhausted ... not running as fast as she usually does. I felt sad for her. 
I am glad she and her best friend, Kenzie (AND little Harper) got to play together, though. It's always good to be able to do good stuff with friends.
After the game, Kaity and I came over here. Like I said, Kaity was super tired. She was very much looking forward to my special rice and chicken meal, so I got started on the preparation. Kaity cuddled up with Belle and was on her phone ... I think playing games ... or watching a show perhaps. Anyway, we ate a good meal together. I had lots of fruit available too--Kaity likes most fruit--especially watermelon and grapes.

Kaity went back to the couch while I cleaned up. When I came into the front room, she was sound asleep with Belle-Belle. I read a book for awhile, edited some photos, worked on a few greeting cards ... and waited to see if Kaity would wake up.



She finally DID wake up and I challenged her to a came of UNO. Belle wanted to play with the cards, but we didn't let her. She tends to make a real mess of them. Anyway, Kaity won a very well played game, which lasted quite awhile. We didn't have time to play another game--it was time to drive Kaity back to Jesse. We listened to beautiful music all the way home, praising Jesus for His goodness, and I was once again reminded how thankful I am to be grandma to this dear granddaughter.

No comments: