Thursday, February 23, 2023

February 21 All my JEWELS

Tuesday:  So rather than bore you with a "same old" Tuesday narrative, I'll jump right to the sweetest part of my day with the kiddos. 

We were sitting at our kitchen table, Erin eating some fruit and Cal munching on his Mac 'n cheese when Erin looked up at me and asked: "Can I see all your JEWELS, gramma?" I laughed (naturally) and thought to myself "Jewels? What jewels?"  We finished eating and I cleaned up the kitchen a bit and then Erin asked again if she could see my "sparkwy stuff" ... so we went into my bedroom and I began taking out small containers of my old and truly junky costume jewelry to show to her. 

Here are a "few" photos of Erin enjoying herself hugely while exploring my treasures:

"Oooo ... look at this one, gwamma! It's super shiny!"

"It's pretty long too ... I think this one is kind of weird." (I couldn't agree more).

"Awww ... wook at this widdle tiny heart, gwamma! It's SO cute!"


"Ooo ... I weewy wike this one! It's boo-ti-ful!"
"This one sparkles, gwamma! I wuv sparkwy things!" 
"My favorite color is purple, but I wike pink sparkles too."
"My mama wuvs GOLD sparkwy stuff the best ... maybe we should take some of this stuff to my house!"
Dear Erin! YOU are the treasure! It took us an hour to go through all of my small containers and little boxes of jewelry. What a sweet time we had.
MEANWHILE ... our young and always ferocious dinosaur was intently feeding Sweetie Pie as many cars as he could possibly find ...
... examining each and every vehicle to see which was most tasty ...
... making dinosaur growls the entire time ...
... priceless.

We left my house at 3:30-ish in order to be back to their house for the older kids to come home from school. We played together in their basement for awhile. Erin helped me clean up the kitchen for a little bit. It was super nice to see Aidan and Brendan (no pictures of them today). I had a nice time chatting with Dylan for awhile too, not as much time with Kelly. I declined dinner due to stomach issues (since yesterday), but what a nice day it turned out to be.

You are too good to me, Lord! How thankful I am for Your daily mercies and love for us.

No comments: