Sunday, October 15, 2023

October 13 Aidan sleeps over

Friday:  Everything I worried about having Aidan sleep over never materialized. Thank you, Lord! He was a gem, and we had so much fun.

I'm not sure WHY, but these photos loaded in the opposite order in which they were taken. But it doesn't really matter, and I am too busy right now to delete them all and try to get them to load correctly. I'll just describe each picture as needed.

This first one is a little book Aidan made for Cal on Saturday morning. Aidan loves to make books. He is quite intense about it and enjoys himself 100% during the process. Such a gift for him to enjoy writing, art, creativity--all of these are gifts from God given to this little boy. I am so thankful God loves us, aren't you? 


Aidan started this book, "Harry and Den" Friday evening when he first arrived over at my house. He worked on the cover to his book for quite a long time, telling me about each character and what was going on in his story.
Here is Aidan finishing up a small bowl of vanilla ice cream mixed with M & M's.
Reading the entire box of "Cap'n Crunch" while eating his breakfast Saturday morning. He also ate THREE pieces of cinnamon toast and several slices of well-cooked bacon.
These following pictures were taken Friday upon his arrival. I had everything set up for him to do his book projects, and he went right at it with such happiness and enthusiasm.

Aidan slept on the top bunk! We watched the "Pets 2" movie while enjoying bowls of popcorn, got our pjs on, brushed our teeth, said our prayers, and then I gave Aidan a flashlight and some good books to enjoy while he was settling down for the night. I went out in the kitchen and washed dishes and did some clean-up, checking on Aidan every now and then. He read from about 9:15 to 9:30 (perhaps a little later) and then turned off the flashlight and went to sleep. I even got to sleep in my own bed instead of on the bottom bunk. Yes!

Aidan was awake shortly after 5:30 Saturday morning, but he was quiet and continued working on his art projects. I dragged myself out of bed at 7 and we began our morning quietly and very pleasantly.

I am very glad the Lord gave me courage to do this--I know that sounds weird since Aidan is my grandson--but he can be very tricky at times, and then I am unsure how exactly to get him to do what I have asked him to do. We didn't have any issues at all like that; instead, Aidan was kind and very nice to be with. SO ... I am very encouraged and thankful as I write this post.

No comments: