Friday, October 20, 2023

October 19 with KT-Girl

Thursday: We had a nice few hours together, Kaity and I. I love this granddaughter so much. She continues to come over almost every Thursday after school AND Saturday afternoon/evenings too. Now, I realize that in many ways I am just a "means to an end" so to speak i.e. I take her to Altitude where she can run, jump, meet new friends, etc. every time we are together--perhaps that's the only reason she is still willing to come to her boring ole grandma's house each week ... but even if that WAS true (it isn't!), that would be enough for me. I just love to spend time with Kaity ... even if she is on her phone much of the time she is here ... even if we no longer go for long walks in the woods! STILL, she is here and she tells me about some of her friends, and things she likes to do, and stuff she thinks is funny. I love to listen to her talk.

We were happy to see our Altitude friend, AYDEN, tonight. I forget what school district he is from, but he's a great kid. He and Kaity have so much fun together. I think he told us he is NINE but in so many ways, he seems older than that. Anyway, you should have seen these two running around Altitude tonight. They were hilarious.



I talked Kaity into a few games of air hockey--well, actually only TWO games. Kaity and I played the first game (I won!) and then Kaity and Aiden played the second game (Aiden won). 
It was good to laugh and play with you today, Kaity. You bring a lot of joy to my life ... more than I can describe.


No comments: