Thursday, October 26, 2023

October 25 with CAL

Wednesday:  I got to hang out with Cal this afternoon--nothing unusual seeing that today IS Wednesday--but hanging out with Callaghan is a lot of fun. He is such an interesting little person. He kept me almost too busy to take pictures of him today, so I have only a few and they are not the best.

Cal was kind of in "destroy" mode today ... I'm not exactly certain WHY, but he just seemed intent on crashing, bashing, and flattening any and all scenarios today whether it was the treehouse, the train layout, and even when we played a little bit of foosball. Anyway, I think it was just a "mood" and not a permanent disposition. (!!)
With the foosball game, he tried using the handles for about 5 seconds and then he just grabbed the little soccer ball and stuffed it in the net and cried out: "I win, you wooose" with a diabolical smile on his face. We repeated this for many of his supposed goals with him moving the goal markers to show his score with much JOY. I thought I would try just once scoring a point of my own--legitimately of course--using the actual soccer players and handles, etc. I scored a point and ... you should have seen this kiddo's face. He was absolutely appalled. I quietly said, "I win. You lose." That was the final straw. We put the game away.
Thankfully, the 1001 cars we have around here distracted his sorrow and he moved on to other things ...

Cal fell asleep on the drive back to his house. I transported him to their couch where he continued to nap, even with very loud talking and activity going on all around him. He was quite exhausted.

Here are Erin and Aidan getting off their bus. These last few pictures loaded in backward order--I have no idea why ...
Aidan waves good-by to the bus driver every day.


Their next-door neighbors, John and Kathy, have the prettiest RED bush in their yard. RED is my favorite color.
We had a good time after school just playing and talking and listening ... I love these little people. Dylan and Kelly too! 

No comments: