Friday, October 20, 2023

October 18 Delighted and Delightful

Wednesday:  I picked Cal up from preschool at noon today. He saw my car driving into the parking lot, dropped his playground toys and came running--"Gramma! Gramma! My gramma is here!" I could hear his little voice hollering as he ran towards the outside gate. It's so nice to be greeted with such a welcome, isn't it? 

I get the train track all laid out before I pick Cal up on Wednesdays. He likes trains a LOT. Sometimes if we construct the track together, he wrecks more of it than he actually builds; and then he just doesn't play as well with the trains afterward. So ... I find it helps to have the thing laid out beforehand. I don't mind if he makes changes--but he almost never does, and is content to zoom the trains around and pretend all sorts of wonderful stuff ...


Cal makes really neat sound effects for trains, trucks, machinery, etc. He's very expressive and delightful like that.


We got out and played with our magnets for awhile and built a little house for TINA, our baby hamster puppet.


Look at Cal's pleased little face! Isn't he something?
Herbie almost always gets in on the action each week. Cal was pretty excited to show Herbie our baby "Lady" engine. Her mom (baby Lady's) is battery-powered. The smaller engine (the one that is dubbed "baby Lady") attaches to "Lady" via magnets and then gets to power around the tracks. For some reason, these two engines are special to Cal.

Could you just kiss this little face forever?
We also played in the back bedroom for quite awhile today--but I forgot to take my camera into that room; and since I was already on the floor, I was too lazy to pick myself up off the floor to get it! However, eventually I did snap a picture of Cal using the Hola-Hoop as a circular race track of sorts for the cars. What else is a 3-year-old to do with a Hola-Hoop anyway?
We had such a nice few hours today at my house. So thankful for all of it--for the Lord's provisions, His wonderful gifts, and little boys like Cal to love.

No comments: