Thursday, October 5, 2023

October 4 with Callaghan

Wednesday:  As I was setting up for Callaghan today, I decided to get out a few toys that I don't normally put out--mostly because in the summer, when all the kiddos were here, they fought terribly over who was going to do what, when, and where with almost every toy in the house!

I didn't even get out the garage today--just to see if Cal would notice (he didn't!!!). Here are the pictures I took of him enjoying himself to the MAX:

This is the TREEHOUSE I purchased years ago for Kaity actually--I think it might have been her 6th birthday--with the understanding that the whole thing had to stay at MY HOUSE. That sounds terrible of me--but none of it has been lost over all of these years! Kaity enjoyed playing with it for a very long time at my house and after we were finished, we would put the whole thing away on the top of one of my toy shelves. For a long time, no one but Kaity played with it--but then a year or so ago, I asked if it would be okay if the little kids got to play with it too; and Kaity agreed that it would be just fine.

Here's Cal acting out an entire scenario of the mama bear eating everything in sight ... she ate the snake, the fish, the entire fox family ...
... and even the trees, growling fiercely the entire time!
The geese were able to make it to safety up in the highest tree, along with their nest of eggs.
Cal loved opening and closing the beer's mouth and showing me how sharp her teeth were. He cracks me up.

We played back in the spare room for awhile too--I neglected to take any pictures back there--but for quite a long time, Cal lay on the bottom bunk with Baby James, covered with a dinosaur blanket and pretending he was napping with the baby. The blankets are super soft and I think he might have been a little bit tired! Cal also successfully used the potty TWO TIMES at my house today--once, HE EVEN INITIATED it instead of screaming the whole way to the potty! He got an extra M & M for his effort.
We did NOT read any books today, for which I felt a little sad; but Cal enjoyed himself so much playing with the treehouse that we didn't find the time to read. I also had the little playground out on the window seat and the people went back and forth between the treehouse and the playground--so Cal was quite busy entertaining himself.

Here is his little happy face (top) upon arriving and seeing the treehouse ... but notice his sad little face when I announced it was time to leave! 

I was almost unable to get him to my car, except I was dangling a fruit treat in front of his face as he walked ...

No comments: