Monday, August 3, 2020

August 1&2 with Ems

Saturday night/Sunday: Emma and I had a quiet Saturday night. We decided to watch Disney's "Alice in Wonderland" because I had never seen it and had always wanted to! Now that I have, I don't care if I ever see it again. Strange doesn't even begin to describe it and I didn't understand a single thing. I KNOW ... that's what makes it unique and that's what people LOVE about it. Sigh.

Sunday morning, we worshiped via LiveStream. Our pastor Jim has been diagnosed with COVID and is in quarantine, along with his wife and four kiddos. We are praying for their safety and pastor's smooth recovery.

After our Bible story, once again in Nehemiah, I decided to drive Emma out to the Cascade Dam to take a little walk. The only other time I have been there, the Thornapple River was above flood stage. I was curious to see what it looked like on a "normal" day.
I love taking walks with Emma. I love her so dearly and I enjoy being with her. I love that she loves to explore. I love how happy she is outside in the beauty God has created.
I snapped a LOT of pictures of dear Emma today. Whew! I'm so glad she passed the stage where she did NOT allow pictures of her to be taken. It was super hard for me to respect her wishes about that.




I took a crazy amount of pictures and it has taken a LONG time editing them ... but that's what I LOVE to do!

I'm just going to run these pictures because they don't need explanation.

















I must explain the following pictures though. I "lured" Emma down to an embankment hoping she would do exactly what she did ...



It was about a 50/50 whether she would fall in or not ... so I figured I'd take "before" and "after" pictures just for the record ... !!!



I adore these pictures of Emma! She did NOT fall in ... I'm pretty sure I WOULD have ...






Below is one of my very favorites ...

And I love this one too!


Such a relaxing, quiet, peaceful time with one of my favorite people on the planet. SO blessed to have her for my granddaughter. Thank you, dear Jesus.

No comments: