Wednesday, August 19, 2020

August 18 My keys

Tuesday:  When I was loading the kiddos up to go and pick Kaity up Tuesday afternoon, I got all three kids out to the car in my driveway--my hands were full of Erin, paper airplanes and a bunch of other stuff. When we went to open the car door--the car was locked. Pooh! I left the keys inside the house, which thankfully I hadn't locked!

I went inside and got my keys, pressed the unlock button on the FOB, and everyone got situated inside the car--I got the little kids' seatbelted, and we were ready to go ... except ... I couldn't at that point find my keys! Where could they have gone? I looked UNDER Erin, thinking I had plopped my keys in her carseat before she actually sat down--but they weren't there! I looked on the floor, front and back, in the ignition (!!), on all the seats, even in the far back hatch! NO KEYS!
 Thankfully, I had a second FOB hanging on a nail in my closet, so I retrieved that set and we headed over to Kaity's. About halfway to Kaity's, I had an odd premonition that I had put the original keys on the ROOF of my car while I was fastening Erin in her seat. What a MORON! But I still wasn't sure ... not completely. We played at the playground, took Kaity home, I took the other kids home, played Pokemon with Brendan, and then drove back to my house. I looked again in the car--practically tearing it apart! Afterall, my house key was on that key chain too!

And then I decided to take a walk. If I HAD put my keys on the roof of my car, they would have fallen off when I turned, right? I checked the first corner where I turned--but no keys. But, low and behold, as I got to the corner of Cannonsburg and the entryway to Leisure Village, there they were on the side of the road ... smashed to PIECES. They must have been run over 100x. Sigh. My short-term memory is ... deficient. BUT I will never ever ever put my keys on the roof of my car EVER AGAIN.

No comments: